Monday, May 14, 2012

Featured Kit: Honorary Graduate

CT member Tricia (Lulutoo) here with the latest featured kit. Have you got any graduates at your house or in your extended circle of family and friends this year?  How about honorary graduates?  There are many kinds of honorary graduates, from preschoolers and kindergarteners to middle school, and then there are college graduates who are bestowed with an honorary degree as a sort of lifetime achievement even though they haven’t met the official requirements for graduating from that particular institution.

Well, Kristmess Designs has the perfect kit for those photos in her stores at Gotta Pixel and Digitals.  It’s called Honorary Graduate, and there are several different coordinating parts available.  Best of all, they’re all 40% off from now until May 20!  Take a look:


Here are some pages for inspiration.


Here is the layout I made for my son who is graduating from high school this month.  I was so pleased to be able to work with this great kit—it was just what I needed to scrap this very important memory.  I also used the new Wax Alpha from the In the Genes collection because it goes so well with this kit.


Just for fun, I wanted to see how difficult it would be to change the colors of this kit.  I used the flattened version so I could replace the red with blue all at once.  (I selected the photo first and subtracted that from my selection so that it wouldn’t turn my son’s face bluish.)  I think it turned out pretty nicely, especially considering it took less than a minute to transform!  I just selected a medium red from the paper, set the fuzziness to 200 and then played around with the new color hue, saturation and lightness until I liked the preview.



I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating and scrapping if you are included in any graduation festivities this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment